Friday 1 November 2013

Dracula has no bite



Having waited with baited breath for the better part of the year for Sky Livings new show Dracula starring Jonathon Rhys Meyers I expected Big Things. The numerous adverts for so long it felt like forever had intrigued me and come on, it's Dracula! Its got to be good right? Right? Wrong.

It was watchable. I will probably watch the next one. But I did laugh out loud when it was described as 'epic' on the voice over at the end.  Its only saving grace was the Renfield character which i thought was a nice touch. But Drac + Van Helsing on the same side? Against oil companies? Can't see this one lasting, which is a real shame, as I do love a gothic fantasy.

I feel the need to cleanse my eyeballs by watching the Gary Oldman/Winona Ryder film.



No comments:

Post a Comment